Increasing your sales doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s about taking action in ways that will lead to the greatest return. Having worked intimately with hundreds of organizations over the past 10 years as a trusted advisor, I get to see what really works. It’s not what you might expect.
In this video, I’m going to share five insanely simple ideas about how to increase sales. Check it out:
1. Toss out the features and benefits. Your prospects are sick of hearing all about your products and services. Instead, simply focus on the results you achieve, as this is what your prospects actually care about.
2. Ask for one referral each day. Now I know that may sound like a lot of work, but realistically it’s no more than 10 minutes of work each day. Plus, there is no easier way to grow your sales. Just think about the math: Asking for one referral or introduction each day means five per week; that’s 250 introduction-asks per year!
3. Host a private client event. People love to come to exclusive events. Invite both your top clients and some of your top prospects. You’ll see that your top prospects will actually end up doing your selling for you.
4. Create client case studies. There’s nothing—and I mean nothing—more compelling to a prospect than an example of your past success. Develop case studies that focus on results you’ve created with your clients—not so much on the deliverables, but on what you actually accomplished.
5. Use a proposal with three options. Stop proposing just one option. This is the reason that you’re getting shopped around on price and limiting the possible size of a sale. Your prospects want options, so use proposals with three of them, ranging from a low-end, least expensive option, all the way up to the premium option with massive added value.
By doing this, you’ll give your prospects the perspective to see what’s out there, and you’ll also give them the opportunity to choose the highest-end option with the most value—and that means the biggest sale for you.
See how insanely simple these five strategies are for pumping up your sales volume?
I want to hear from you about which of these five ideas you found most useful. Be sure to share below in the comment section, and I’ll response to every single comment. For more videos on how to increase your sales, click right here, or just visit the Founder’s Blog section of the site, where you can find more great resources to help you take your sales to the next level.
Enjoyed this article? Please share away!
Get instant access to our free sales training:
Why Prospects Push Back on Price, Give 'Think-It-Overs,' and Ghost in Sales Until They Meet a Sales Superstar Who Is Following These 7 Simple Keys
About the Author Marc Wayshak
Marc is is the best-selling author of three books on sales and leadership, including the highly acclaimed titles Game Plan Selling, The High-Velocity Sales Organization and his forthcoming book, Sales Conversations, Mastered.
Marc is a contributor to Inc, HubSpot, Fast Company, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Huffington Post Business. He also hosts a popular YouTube channel on sales strategy with over 103,000 subscribers.
Marc helps thousands of people his data-driven, science-based approach to selling that utilizes all the best tools available to sales organizations today.