What Separates the Best Motivational Conference Speakers?
Motivational conference speakers are everywhere. And they are constantly promising that they can help your organization achieve outstanding results. But what really separates the absolute best motivational conference speakers from everyone else?
Five Qualities that Separate the Best Motivational Conference Speakers
- Truly understands your audience. Your audience has particular nuances that must be fully understood by a motivational conference speaker. Any effective motivational conference speaker is going to have a number of conversations with particular audience members to really understand what is going on in their world and will understand how to help them achieve maximum results.
- Recognizes the key changes in the marketplace. The marketplace that your audience members are facing today is entirely different than what it was 15 or even 10 years ago. Customers are savvier and have more access to information than ever. Business more than ever is changing at a more dynamic and faster rate, and prospects are being bombarded by more information than in even the recent past. Any motivational conference speaker must recognize these key changes and address them in whatever program they bring to your organization.
- Focuses specifically on outcomes. What is your organization looking to achieve by bringing a motivational conference speaker to your next event? Do you want to help your audience members increase revenues? Or help them get energized? How about increasing attendance at your meeting? Whatever the specific outcomes that you’re seeking, be sure that a motivational conference speaker fully understands exactly what you want to achieve.
- Gives useable, tangible ideas. So many motivational conference speakers will come in and get your audience excited, but at the end of the day your attendees receive zero useable and tangible ideas to actually apply to their business world. Be sure that you understand exactly what the key takeaways of a program should be and will be: takeaways that are easy to apply into your audience’s world.
- Makes the audience develop “action items.” Action is the name of the game when holding a meeting. You want your attendees to walk away with clear action items. Any highly effective motivational conference speaker will help your audience develop very specific and clear action items that they can then apply into their world immediately.
These aforementioned traits of a motivational conference speaker are essential for electrifying your audiences. By looking for these five qualities that separate the best motivational conference speakers, you are going to dramatically increase the effectiveness of your upcoming meeting.
Enjoyed this article? Please share away!
Get instant access to our free sales training:
Why Prospects Push Back on Price, Give 'Think-It-Overs,' and Ghost in Sales Until They Meet a Sales Superstar Who Is Following These 7 Simple Keys
About the Author Marc Wayshak
Marc is is the best-selling author of three books on sales and leadership, including the highly acclaimed titles Game Plan Selling, The High-Velocity Sales Organization and his forthcoming book, Sales Conversations, Mastered.
Marc is a contributor to Inc, HubSpot, Fast Company, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Huffington Post Business. He also hosts a popular YouTube channel on sales strategy with over 103,000 subscribers.
Marc helps thousands of people his data-driven, science-based approach to selling that utilizes all the best tools available to sales organizations today.